Friday, 1 March 2013

Proofs and assignment 2

       So, another brutal week at uoft has passed by and there are 5 weeks remaining.  I can't believe how fast this course has passed by.  The proofs we're learning in class are actually very interesting to me.  I'm starting to get the hang of proving symbolic proofs as I find the statements can get quite messy to comprehend when proving.  However, when it comes to the proofs about modular arthimetic, primes, even and odd numbers, I find they're not too difficult.  One thing I learned this week and the week before was how to set up the proof aka "the proof layout" before writing the proof.  This is new to me since in my math courses, there isn't really a layout.  You start with an antecedent or assumption and just go along your way proving.  I also found it quite odd to work with the layout at times since you're kind of working on the conclusion before the proof, because what if there's a proof which you dont necessarily know the conclusion to or if its a proof by contradiction?


      Assignment 2 is coming along its way and I'm already done.  I just need to write it up and finalize it.  I found this assignment wasn't as bad as the first.  I'm finding this one more concise in terms of its statements.  The hardest question I would have to say is number 6 as it utilizes a small trick.  I took me a while to figure out but I think I've got it.  Anyways, I've got to come up with some sort of problem solving post sometime soon.  That's all for this week.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment