Friday, 15 February 2013

A little more effort?

Hey guys,

    So after a brutal week of midterms, I got my assignments and midterms back.  I guess I need to start putting in a little more effort, as I might have underestimated it.  I didn't do well on either but it was just due to underestimating the course.  I think I lost mostly all my marks from list comprehensions as I didn't practice the past midterms.  Well, now that we're starting proofs, not that its a stranger to me, but I think I've learned my lessons and although I'm familiar with them, I should still keep up with the homework/notes.  The proofs in this course are different from the proofs that I usually do in my other courses, where they involve prime numbers or subsets etc etc.  The ones Danny presented in class and in his notes seem to involve more symbolic logic than concept so I've got to keep up with the material.  Anyways, lesson learned, I already know where I'll be spending my reading week next week (robarts) lol.

Thanks for reading, and cheers!
Patrick.

3 comments:

  1. Looking back in one of the comments I made in one of your previous posts.. "Don't underestimate the course" ;) But you still have time to make up for it!
    It may look easier than a math course and it doesn't have heavy proofs or all those weird symbols that there are in math, but it's stuff that although looks simple, it takes time and effort to really understand. It's logic, it's a way of thinking and it should become second nature to you.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question 1 was mostly about understanding quantification, in the guise of list comprehension. From year to year it's hard for me to guess how much the CSC108 and CSC148 instructors will stress list comprehensions, so I present them independently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy. I was actually hoping no one would read this post and especially not Danny. Now I'm super embarrassed. Yeah, luckily there's the grace assignments and tests. I should have practiced the past midterms as I lost majority of the marks on list comprehensions. But yeah, thanks for the input guys! Just going to have to go hard on the next assignments and midterms!

    ReplyDelete