So yet again, another week has passed filled with equations, axioms, numbers and abstract symbols. We're starting proofs on Friday, as Danny had introduced it on Wednesday as to what is a proof etc etc. I'm actually somewhat excited to see what proofs we'll be doing in class and hopefully they wont be too difficult. I noticed that symbolic logic, like any other mathematical branch, is just based on a finite set of axioms and from those axioms we can deduce and derive more axioms and theorems. I'm assuming that we will be using the fundamental axioms of symbolic logic and much of its theorems to do our proofs. I didn't really know what truth tables were used for until I went to tutorial/office hours. I knew how to use them but didn't know their purpose. Other than that, thats all I really have to say for this week's "slog" posting.
Thanks for reading.
Patrick.
No comments:
Post a Comment