The material over the last few weeks hasn't been too bad. I'm finding the big O of n stuff alright. The proofs for finding the upper bound and lower bound isn't too complex but I find it can sometimes be a bit misleading since I feel that there is more than 1 way to prove a upper or lower bound. I think the one thing I need to go over is the number of steps an algorithm takes and all that.
I've read a few blogs from the CSC165 website and found them quite interesting. http://halsrislog165.blogspot.ca/
I've read the above blog and one thing I really enjoyed about their blog was the overall progression and understanding of the course. Their first post is about how troublesome and confusing the material is, but as the course continues, they find it easier and easier. One thing I found that could use improvement about their blog was their punctuation and sentence structure.
Another blog that I read was Dan's.
http://go-get-em-slogger.blogspot.ca/
I found his blog enjoyable as he talks about his problems in the course and what he finds difficult, however I feel that he could post more regularly.
Nice comments Patrick! Btw, both of the students whose blogs you mentioned are in the same tutorial section as you, in case you didn't know. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, what are the chances! I recognized the name Dan, but I didn't think it would actually be the same Dan as the one in my tutorial.
ReplyDelete