Friday, 11 January 2013

First week of 165

Hey readers!

    I usually don't do blogs but since it's required I guess I'm here.  Over the semester, my blog will be covering my experience with the courses, what I find easy, difficult, how I found past assignments and tests and what I think of the overall course and my experience, of course.  My sentence structure and grammar as well as proper use of punctuality may not be as strong as most blogs on this website, mainly because my focus of study is Math and Computer Science (double major).  I'm in third year math and first year computer science.  I'm currently about a semester or two away from finishing my math major and I'm enrolled as a third year student at uoft.  The courses I'm currently taking this semester are MAT315, MAT301, CSC148, CSC165, AST251.  Anyways, thats enough about me, I'll start talking about my experience for the first week in csc165.

    My first week in csc165 was warmly welcomed by my professor Danny Heap.  He introduced himself as Danny, and requested that we not call him professor, sir or anything like that other than Danny.  I found this very reassuring as this was a very kind and friendly gesture to the first day of class.  As Danny introduced the course, I knew right away what type of course I would be dealing with this semester.  It appeared to be symbolic logic.  Being in third year math, not trying to brag or anything, I've had quite some experience with the notations being introduced during the end of the first week, such notations being "there exists" and "for any".  With that being said, I didn't find the first week or that particular class very unfamiliar.  I can, however, say that Danny did a good job on introducing the notations to the many students who are unfamiliar to this language as I can imagine if I hadn't seen these symbols before, I would be a bit confused myself.
Overall, I enjoyed the first week of class and look forward and actually surprisingly, am somewhat excited for this course to proceed further into the school year.

Cheers,
Patrick.

2 comments:

  1. Being enrolled in a math major, will definitely help you to do well in this course, but don't take that for granted and don't underestimate the course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Yeah, I'm starting to see new symbols that I havn't seen in math. I definitely need to start reading the textbook from here on end.

    ReplyDelete